This page was updated on May 16, 2023. Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you in Arlington, VA, September 18-22! We continue to monitor the evolving public health guidance and our on-site safety and health plan is designed to provide an event that is safe for all attendees, our instructors and staff. We will continue to provide updates on this page as needed and we reserve the right to implement COVID-19-related protocols at our discretion in the training facility.
As you know, attending an in-person event presents an inherent risk of exposure to a communicable disease such as COVID-19. By attending this event, you voluntarily accept all risks related to that exposure and agree to not hold the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) or its representatives liable for any illness or injury.
In addition, as a condition of registering for and attending this event, you agree to adhere to ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct. We expect all participants to make informed choices about travel, participation and on-site engagement. In addition, all participants agree to adhere to the safety and health protocols in place at the time of the event. ASSP reserves the right to remove attendees who do not follow these established measures. If you are removed, your registration payment will be forfeited.
We Value Your Safety and Health
Your safety and health are important to us, and we are proud that our approach enables us to bring the OSH community together to connect, learn and grow in a safe environment.Our On-Site Safety and Health Recommendations
- ASSP encourages that you get up to date with your COVID-19 vaccinations and applicable boosters. However, proof of vaccination is not required to attend.
- We encourage that you self-test for COVID-19 before leaving for Arlington, VA. If you test positive or are not feeling well, please do not travel. Instead, contact our customer service team at (847) 699-2929 to discuss your options.
- ASSP encourages you to practice physical distancing in situations when doing so enables you to feel most comfortable in the classroom.
- ASSP encourages you to wear a high-quality face covering while in the training facility if you are more comfortable doing so. We ask all participants to respect the choice of other attendees.
- We encourage you to wash your hands frequently, use hand sanitizer and follow other accepted hygiene practices.
- ASSP is working with training facility staff to ensure regular cleaning protocols throughout the event.
- Our safety team will continue to evaluate these and additional protocols, as well as CDC recommendations, to mitigate risk of exposure so you can have a safe, enjoyable learning experience.
If you have any questions about our plan or recommendations, please contact ASSP safety team lead Lauren Bauerschmidt, CSP, at email@example.com; or our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before You Arrive in Arlington, VA
- Please visit this page to review the latest updates on our safety and health protocols.
- Please check the websites of your airline, airport(s), car rental and hotel accommodations to review their health and safety protocols.
- Review CDC’s travel guidance.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, or do not feel well, please do not travel. Instead, contact our customer service team at (847) 699-2929 to discuss your options.