SafetyFOCUS is your chance to learn, share ideas and connect with an impressive group of safety professionals. Here are a few ways to make the most of your time in Las Vegas:
- Find Your Community: Safety professionals can learn a lot from peers who face the same challenges. SafetyFOCUS is a great place to meet people with solutions to problems you didn’t even know you had. Check out our practice specialty and common interest group booths to get started.
- Create an Education Plan: Use our scheduling tool to find the right courses to meet your organization’s strategic goals. Consider earning an ASSP certificate to build your professional credibility or take specialized courses to round out your knowledge and expertise.
- Know Your Schedule: Log into your ASSP My Learning account and read through the details of each course before you arrive. Check dates and times. Each course is unique and has specific requirements.
- Get Uncomfortable: We encourage you to step outside your comfort zone to ask questions, connect with peers and engage fully with the course content. The SafetyFOCUS experience is designed to help you grow personally and professionally.
Visit the Marketplace: Stop by and discover the latest technical publications and standards in the safety industry. Check out our Top Ten List of Books you should have in your Safety Library:
- The Safety Training Ninja
- Background Math
- Lean Behavior-based Safety
- Dysfunctional Practices
- Risk Management Tools for Safety Professionals
- Accident Investigation Techniques
- Actively Caring for People’s Safety
- Organization Culture Killers
- A Supervisor’s Guide to Safety Leadership
- 7 Insights into Safety Leadership
While you’re there, pick up some ASSP gear to bring back for colleagues, friends and family.
- Immersive Education Tips: Start mentally and physically preparing yourself to spend several hours each day in the classroom. Here are five insider tips on making it through a week of immersive safety training:
- Take breaks as needed throughout the day. Venture outside if you have time to soak in some sunlight and reenergize.
- Bring a water bottle to stay hydrated and focused.
- Pack an extra layer of clothing to keep yourself warm.
- Carry business cards for networking opportunities throughout the week.
- Keep your chargers on hand so you can stay connected.